How can I become a member?
You do not have to be a member to benefit from Gatecrash…. our short courses, mentorship, one to one tuition, audition prep and some of our performance opportunities are open to all. However, by being a member you will receive access to the weekly workshops offered by the company, more performance opportunities (some paid and some for development) and a discount on all our short courses and one to one training.
If becoming a member does interest you – you need to decide whether it is is Gatecrash Ignite, Evolve or Youth that appeals to you in the first instance. Gatecrash Youth is open exclusively to students at New College, Swindon (as part of our ongoing residency there) and offers early level support and professionally led workshops for aspiring performers. If you are a student at the college and this is of interest to you please do contact us. Our adult groups are Ignite and Evolve. There is no audition process. Simply contact us with your contact information and your previous experience and we will invite you to our workshops to try them out (there is no commitment to pay any fee until after the first session when you have decided whether you want to stick with us…. we hope you do!).
Gatecrash Evolve is, for some, a springboard; a stop gap on the road to work in professional theatre. For others Gatecrash Evolve is a long term option, an outlet for creative ideas while they manage a career away from the arts or as a company to return too between acting contracts. For many of our members it is a launch pad for future work. With this in mind we regularly have spaces becoming available in Evolve as members move on in their careers.
Our available spaces are limited to ensure that each dedicated and committed member is given the guidance and support they need as an artist (whether professionally or as a hobby). To ensure that we are fair and have the right people for the group we may advise initial attendance to Gatecrash Ignite to gain experience/confidence. We also make it clear to our members that Gatecrash Evolve (unlike Gatecrash Ignite) is not simply a ‘club’, it requires commitment, dedication and passion for the arts and is an important part of our members development as artists.
New members are all actively interested in theatre, many wanting professional development and support, some wanting a creative outlet with other dedicated performers and directors.
Please contact us if you are interested in attending
Cost of membership:
To keep the company affordable we have split the costs into each project area so that a pick and mix of options are available. Members of both Gatecrash Ignite and Evolve are welcome to just option A.
- Weekly workshops – £70 per term (that’s only £7 per two hour session!). For details please click here.
- Our Summer and Winter performance projects are available at an extra fee (this fee varies project to project. Please contact Laura for further details). The summer project which is open to Gatecrash Evolve and Ignite is also open to the public but often appeals most to teachers and university or drama school students home from their studies and wanting to work with professional theatre makers. For details please click here.
- Mentorship from all our associate artists is available to our members at an additional fee. Open to all members of Ignite or Evolve. For details please click here.
- One to one Audition preparation sessions on the run up to applications for Drama School and University or one to one tuition for actors wanting a more personal approach. For details please click here.
- Discounted offers on arts based short courses. Open to members of Ignite or Evolve. For details please click here
- Paid performance and events opportunities are regularly offered to members of Gatecrash Evolve.
Gatecrash Youth is our subsidised Youth Theatre open EXCLUSIVELY to students of New College, Swindon. The membership and extra courses available to group attendees cost as follows and are available on a pick and mix basis. Members of Gatecrash Youth are welcome to just option A.
- Weekly subsidised workshops – £20 per term (that’s only £2 per two hour session!). For details please click here.
- Our GCY Play In A Week performance project (which takes place in June) and is available at an extra fee (this fee varies project to project but is around the £30 mark. Please contact us for further details). The performance is rehearsed and performed in the college over the course of one week in the symmer and if professionally directed by a member of the team.
- Mentorship from all our associate artists is available to our members at an additional fee. Open to all members of GCY. For details please click here.
- One to one Audition preparation sessions on the run up to applications for Drama School and University or one to one tuition for actors wanting a more personal approach – again at a discounted price for members. For details please click here.
- Discounted offers on arts based short courses. Open to members of Ignite, Evolve and Youth at the lower rates (as well as the general public). For details please click here.
Pay As You Go Workshop Attendance for Gatecrash Evolve:
For some working actors committing to a full term of Gatecrash Evolve sessions can be restricting due to the adhoc nature of their work. We are now in a position to offer a PAYG scheme for ‘jobing actors’ (after they have attended a term of GC workshops and built their own rapport and relationship with the team) at a rate of £10 per session. For that money they are welcome to attend any number of our termly sessions. PAYG membership does not include the discounted prices for courses nor membership to the private social media groups and MAY limit performance opportunities with the company (see B and E above). However, we understand that Gatecrash is a significant asset to many actors and that this option might be the best approach for them; With this in mind we will make as many of the extras open to the PAYG members as we can but can not guarantee this. This offer is open exclusively to members of Gatecrash Evolve who are working actors.